You can use different authentication methods for your organization depending on your needs. You can also reset your authentication settings as necessary.
Default password policy
The default Insight Platform password policy requires that all passwords meet these formatting rules:
- Minimum of 8 characters
- At least 1 uppercase (
- At least 1 lowercase (
- At least 1 number (
- Must not contain any part of the user's Insight account email address
Options for custom password policies
If you prefer to enforce a custom password policy for your Insight Platform users, these configuration options are available:
- Minimum password length:
- 12 characters
- 16 characters
- New passwords cannot be the same as the user's previous...
- 5 passwords
- 12 passwords
- Do not enforce this
- Passwords expire after...
- 90 days
- 365 days
If a user loses access to their multi-factor authentication (MFA) application or device, forgets their password, or cannot sign in through single sign-on (SSO), a Platform Administrator can do the following:
- In the Insight Platform, select User Management from the left menu.
- Search for the user from the Users table.
- Click the pencil icon to edit their profile.
- Click the Reset link in the upper right corner.
You will see a confirmation banner indicating that the MFA has been reset. The user will receive an email with further instructions on reconfiguring their MFA options.