Configure Workflow Parameters
Parameters allow a variable to be created and defined once and then leveraged multiple times within a workflow. You can edit a Parameter's value after you've created it.
Create a Parameter
To create a parameter:
- Open a Workflow and enter the Builder.
- Click Parameters at the top right. The Workflow Parameters panel opens on the left side of the Builder.
- Click Add a Workflow Parameter and populate the following fields:
- Name (ex: "Help Slack Channel")
- Parameter Type (ex: "string")
- Description (optional)
- Current Value (ex: "#help_slack_channel")
Saving a Parameter without a Current Value
You can save a Parameter without a Current Value, but the workflow can not be activated until a value is assigned.
View and Edit Current Parameters
Once you create a parameter, you can view and edit your parameters from the main Control Panel and from the Builder. You must be in the Builder to create a new Parameter.
Implement a Parameter
To implement a Parameter:
- Enter the Builder and create or open the desired Step.
- In the desired Input field, open the variable selector (+) on the bottom right. Saved parameters will be in the dropdown along with outputs from any previous steps.
Did this page help you?