Import and Export Workflows
You can import and export workflows in InsightConnect. Use this feature to:
- copy a workflow and configure copies with slight differences
- control versions of a workflow in-product or in your own repositories
Komand Marketplace Workflows
InsightConnect does not currently support the import features for
.kom files downloaded from the Komand marketplace.
Export a Workflow
You can export any of your active workflows in InsightConnect. Exporting your workflows can help you manage workflow versions or copy a workflow for other uses.
To export an active workflow:
- From the Active tab of the “Workflows” section, locate the workflow you want to export.
- Click on the three dots on the right of the workflow’s card to open the workflow options menu.
- Select Export Active.
- Your workflow will be downloaded as a
.komfile with the same name as the workflow. For example, if you export a workflow called “Welcome Workflow,” the downloaded file would be named
Import a Workflow
You can import
.kom files into your InsightConnect instance with the import wizard.
.kom files with the import wizard:
- Go to the Active tab of the “Workflows” section.
- Click on the grey Import button in the top right of the page to run the import wizard.
Once the import wizard starts:
- Drag and drop the
.komfile you want to import, or click on the file icon to browse for and select a
.komfile in your environment’s file manager.
- Review the plugins required for the workflow. If you don’t already have the workflow’s plugins within your InsightConnect instance, click Add All Plugins to add them to InsightConnect. Once you have all the required plugins in InsightConnect, click Next.
- You can configure plugins in the wizard or choose to configure them later. If you don’t configure connections, orchestrators, or Slack workspaces now, you will not be able to activate the workflow upon import.
- To configure the plugins now, click on the down arrow on the right of each plugin’s card. Click Save after configuring each plugin, then click Next after all your plugins are configured. To configure the plugins later, click Skip this Step in the top left of the wizard panel.
- To configure global artifacts now, choose one of the following options in the Import Workflow wizard:
- If you want to use the original global artifact associated with the workflow, choose the global artifact from the Select Global Artifact dropdown.
- To create a new global artifact that matches the schema of the global artifact that the Helper step was using, click Add New Global Artifact with this Schema. Enter a unique name, description and tags to the global artifact to help you identify it later.
- Review the workflow details. You can change the workflow name, description, and tags as needed. If you configured connections, orchestrators, or Slack workspaces for the workflow in the previous step, you can elect to activate the workflow upon import by checking the box for this option. Click the Import button to add the workflow to your InsightConnect instance.
Activate a workflow upon import
The activate option will not be available if any plugins are not correctly configured.
If you checked the box to activate the workflow upon import, you can find the new workflow on the Active workflows page. Otherwise, you can find the workflow on the Draft page. If you imported your workflow as a draft, you must edit the workflow and configure any required parameters before activating it.