Use a Rapid7 Insight Solutions Step
This type of step executes an Insight Solutions plugin action within the course of a workflow. Actions are provided by the Insight Solutions plugins that are installed in InsightConnect, like the Rapid7 InsightIDR and Rapid7 InsightVM Console plugins. These action steps allow users to first choose their plugin source and version, choose the desired action within that source, and then configure the details of that action to be added to the given workflow.
To add a Rapid7 Insight Solutions action step:
- Choose a plugin from the list of Insight Solutions plugins.
- Select the plugin version you would like to use.
- Choose an action from the list of available actions supported by the plugin.
- Choose to run the plugin action in the cloud or select a healthy orchestrator to run the plugin action from.
- Add a new connection or choose an existing one to use with the plugin. Each plugin requires different information for its connections. Refer to plugin docs for configuration help.
- Configure any input required by the step.
- Configure any output the step will produce. Some actions pre-format step output, but you can modify these by clicking on the Edit button.
- Click Save to exit and add the step to your workflow.