Dashboards and Reports
We are rolling out NEW dashboards and reports starting June 2021
We are migrating everyone to the new Dashboards and Reports experience over the next few weeks and will let you know when the migration is complete. Curious about the changes? Scroll through this page for a sneak peek. Haven't been migrated but need Help documentation? Visit Create and Manage Dashboards, Generate and Manage Reports, or Add and Manage Cards.
You can build custom views of the data you want to monitor using dashboards. Create a new dashboard or use an existing dashboard as a starting point. Then, add, edit, resize, and rearrange data visualization cards to tailor the data view to you and your organization’s needs.
The Dashboard feature consists of 4 main parts:
- Dashboards - A dashboard is a custom InsightIDR data view composed of data visualization cards from the Dashboard Card Library.
- Card Library - A dashboard is made of data visualization cards, which are all contained in this library. The cards are pre-built for efficiency, but you can edit them to customize each data visualization.
- Dashboard List - Access this list of all the dashboards created by users in your organization by clicking the All Dashboards button.
- Card Builder - the Card Builder makes it easier for users to build custom visualizations that best suit their needs
Create a New Dashboard
- From the InsightIDR left menu, click Dashboards and Reports.
- From the dashboard list, click the New Dashboard button. The New Dashboard modal appears.
- Enter a Dashboard Name and Description. The “Description” is optional, but it helps differentiate all of the dashboards at your organization.
- Click the Create Dashboard button. As soon as you click the Create Dashboard button, the dashboard is available in the dashboard list. However, it’s empty until you add data visualization cards to it, so you’re immediately directed to the Card Library. From there, you can find, add, and customize cards for your dashboard. Read Dashboard Cards to learn all about customizing the data visualization cards on your dashboard. If you can’t find a card you want in the Card Library, build your own in the Card Builder.
Edit an Existing Dashboard
You can edit, remove, resize, reposition, and add new cards on a dashboard any time. Just open the dashboard and make your changes. They are saved automatically. If you want to edit the name or description associated with the dashboard, you can do so from the dashboard list or an open dashboard. Click the gear icon, select Edit Dashboard, then make and save your changes. You can also adjust the data refresh rate of your dashboard by selecting a new value from the refresh rate dropdown list. You may want to use an existing dashboard as a starting point for a new dashboard to save you time. If so, click the gear icon and select Copy Dashboard, then edit the copy as needed.
Dashboard cards contain pre-built visualizations of your data. Without cards, your dashboard is just a blank screen. When you add cards to a dashboard, you’re adding the data you want to see in that particular view. Dashboard cards live in the Card Library. From the Card Library you can:
The Dashboard Card Library contains the pre-built data visualization cards you use to create dashboards. You can preview real data in the card before adding it to their dashboard. To access the library, click the Add Card button from an open dashboard. You can then search for cards using the search bar, or browse for cards by category.
Add Cards to Your Dashboard
Click the Add Card button from a new or existing dashboard to navigate to the Dashboard Card Library. From there you can click the Add button for as many cards as you want. A message appears at the top of the page letting you know they were added successfully. When you exit the Card Library and return to the dashboard, your cards will all be there.
Customize Pre-Built Cards
You can customize the name and description of pre-built cards before you add them to your dashboard or after. To customize them before you add them to your dashboard, click the Edit button on the card in the Card Library, then make and save your changes. To customize them after you add them to your dashboard, click the gear icon on the card in your dashboard, then make and save your changes. You can also resize and reposition cards after you add them to a dashboard. To resize them, click and drag the resize icon in the bottom right corner of the card. To reposition them, grab the card by clicking the header and drag it to its new location.
Build a Custom Card
Create a new or open an existing dashboard to navigate to the Card Library. Click Create Card.
Click the All Dashboards button to access a list of dashboards created by users in your organization. You can then open and view any dashboard in the list by clicking the dashboard name.
You can easily create, schedule, and send reports based on their dashboards to anyone you want. To access your reports, go to Dashboards and Reporting and click the Reports tab.
Create and Schedule a Report
- From the InsightIDR left menu, click Dashboards and Reporting.
- Select the dashbaord that you want to report on.
- Click Create Report.
- Fill out the report details, add recipients, and schedule the report.
- Click Create Report again to save your changes.