Delete and Reinstall a Collector
If you wish to copy event sources to a new collector, DO SO BEFORE DELETING THE ORIGINAL COLLECTOR.
If you encounter a problem and need to remove a Collector, you must delete it from InsightIDR and uninstall it from the server or virtual machine where it is installed.
To delete and reinstall an InsightIDR Collector:
- Click the Data Collection link in the InsightIDR menu.
- Click Manage Collectors from the "Setup Collector" dropdown menu.
- From the "Collectors" page, click the Delete button of the Collector that you want to delete.
- When the "Delete Collector" confirmation dialog displays, enter the name of the Collector you want to delete.
- Click the button that states "I Understand, Delete This Collector"
- The Collector and all event sources assigned to it are removed from the Collector's list. Data from the Event Sources will no longer be ingested in InsightIDR.
- Go to the server where the Collector is installed and uninstall it.
Delete a Collector from a Windows system
To delete a Collector from a Windows system:
- In Windows, open the Start Menu, locate the Insight Platform folder, and then click the Uninstall button.
- If you cannot find the Uninstall shortcut, run the uninstall.exe file from the
InsightIDR\.install4jsubdirectory of the destination directory where you installed the Collector.
Delete a Collector from a Linux system
To delete a Collector from a Linux system:
- In Linux, run the uninstall script from the
.install4jsubdirectory of the destination directory where you installed the Collector.
- When the Uninstaller finishes, the Collector has been removed from the server. If you later decide to reinstall and reactivate the Collector on the same machine, you can do so.