Setting password policies
Setting user password policies for criteria such as size, complexity, or expiration is a security best practice that makes it difficult for would-be attackers to brute-force or guess passwords. Your organization may also mandate this practice as a security control.
If you are a Global Administrator, you can create a password policy by taking the following steps:
- Click the Administration tab.
- In the "Users area of the Administration" page, select the second manage link.
- On the Password Policy page, enter a unique name to help you identify the policy.
- Select values for the following password attributes as desired:
- the number of days that elapse, after which the password expires
- the minimum number of characters
- the maximum number of characters
- the required number of special characters; supported characters include the following:
- the required number of numerals
- the required number of capital letters
- Click Save Policy.
If you set a expiration window, the expiration date and time appears in the Users table, which you can see by selecting the first manage link for Users on the Administration page.