Setting password policies
Setting user password policies for criteria such as size, complexity, or expiration is a security best practice that makes it difficult for would-be attackers to brute-force or guess passwords. Your organization may also mandate this practice as a security control.
If you are a Global Administrator, you can create a password policy by taking the following steps:
- Click the Administration tab.
- In the Users section, click Manage password policy.
- On the Password Policy page, enter a unique name to help you identify the policy.
- Select values for the following password attributes as desired:
- the number of days that elapse, after which the password expires
- the minimum number of characters
- the maximum number of characters
- the required number of special characters; supported characters include the following:
- the required number of numerals
- the required number of capital letters
- Click Save Policy.
If you set a expiration window, the expiration date and time appears in the Users table, which you can see by selecting Manage users link for Users on the Administration page.
Did this page help you?