Anti-virus Interrupts Installation
Your anti-virus software or firewall is blocking Metasploit from installing.
Metasploit is a software that tests whether a system is vulnerable to certain security issues. To do this, Metasploit exploits the same vulnerabilities as common malware and hacking software. This is what your anti-virus program detects and warns you about.
There are several fixes for anti-virus blocking:
- Turn off your anti-virus program
- Exclude the Metasploit directory in your anti-virus software. Check your softwares instructions for steps on excluding a directory.
- Disable your firewall
- Setup a virtual machine that does not have a firewall or anti-virus installed. The following are free open source options for virtualization:
* Oracle VirtualBox - A open source virtualization software. https://www.virtualbox.org/
- Ubuntu - An open source operating system https://ubuntu.com/download/desktop
Common Anti-virus programs
Here is a list of links to descriptions on how to create an exception for the Metasploit directory (typically c:\metasploit) for the most common anti-virus solutions: