Notification Center is the notification system for that alerts you when a task completes or when a software update is available. It displays as a dropdown banner from the Global Menu and provides a unified view of system-wide alerts for all projects.
The Notification Center icon displays the total number of new alerts that are available. All new notifications are highlighted with a green bar. You can click on a notification to access the associated page in the user interface. Most task and MetaModule notifications will take you to the Task log. All system notifications will take you to the Software Updates page.
Accessing Notification Center
To access Notification Center, click on the notification icon in the upper-right hand corner of the Global Menu.
Notification Center displays alerts when the following events occur:
- A MetaModule run completes.
- A task run, such as a Discovery Scan or Bruteforce Attack, completes.
- A software update is available.
Sorting Notifications by Event Type
- From the Global Menu, click the Notification Center icon.
- Click the Show dropdown button and choose the event type you want to use to sort the notifications. You can choose from MetaModules, Tasks, and System.
- After you choose an event type, Notification Center updates the alerts.
Clearing a Notification
- From the Global Menu, click on the Notification Center icon.
- Find the alert that you want to remove.
- Hover your mouse over the alert. A delete button appears.
- Click the 'X' button to remove the alert.