Running the Windows uninstaller
Each copy of Nexpose must be installed from scratch. This means that if you already have it installed on your system, you must uninstall it before you install the new copy you downloaded.
To prevent a loss of sites, configurations, reports, and other data, make sure you back up all of your data before you begin the procedure.
Uninstalling completely removes all components. It also deletes sites, configurations, reports, and any scan data on discovered assets, nodes, and vulnerabilities.
To uninstall the application:
- Start the program to uninstall by doing one of the following:
- Click the Windows Start button and select the Control Panel.
- Select the uninstall option or the remove a program option (depends on the version of Windows you are running).
- (If you have a shortcut folder.) Click the Windows Start button, go to the Nexpose folder, and select the Uninstaller.
- Double-click Nexpose in the list of programs.
- Run the uninstaller program. The uninstaller displays a Welcome page. Read the warning about backing up data.
- Click Next. The uninstaller displays a status bar with a message that uninstallation is in progress followed by a message that the uninstallation is complete. Do not close the command line window.
- Click Finish.