Install AppSpider Pro
The AppSpider Pro installer uses a graphical interface to guide you through the installation process. Installation is a simple process that takes you through a series of prompts to identify the components you want to install and the location you want to install them. After you configure your preferences, the installer installs the components that are necessary to run AppSpider Pro.
AppSpider Pro and Express use the same installer. The license key you use to activate the product unlocks the edition that you have purchased.
Before you install AppSpider Pro, please make sure that your system meets the latest requirements.
Download AppSpider Pro
Now that you've reviewed the system requirements, you're ready to download and install AppSpider Pro. To download the installer, go to https://download2.rapid7.com/download/AppSpider/AppSpiderFullSetup.exe. This file contains the AppSpider installer, as well as the installers for some extra components needed by AppSpider.
If you are updating an existing installation of AppSpider, you can use the standalone AppSpider Pro installer at https://download2.rapid7.com/download/AppSpider/AppSpiderSetup.exe.
The installer will attempt to download certain components from the internet. If your system is not connected to the internet, download the following files and place them in the same folder as the AppSpider Pro installer:
After you have downloaded the installer, you can use the installation wizard to perform a guided install, or use the command line for a silent install of AppSpider Pro. The following instructions will walk you through the guided install process:
- Double-click the AppSpider installer icon.
- You may be prompted to enter your credentials to run the program as an administrator.
- When the Welcome screen appears, click Next to continue.
- Read the license agreement and click I Agree to continue.
- The next screen allows you to choose the components you want to install. The default selections are recommended, but you can also choose from the following components:
- AppSpider Engine - The core component that runs AppSpider. This is a required component; AppSpider cannot run without it.
- AppSpider WebService - The service that runs the AppSpider web interface. This is not required unless you plan to leverage the SOAP API or use this installation in conjunction with AppSpider Enterprise.
- AppSpider GUI - The component used to manage scans, monitoring, and reporting.
- AppSpider CMD - The component that enables you to use the command line to manage a scan engine.
- AppSpider Branding Tool - The tool that enables you to create custom branded reports.
- AppSpider REST Service - The REST API that enables you to manage scan engines over FAST CGI. You can use this service if you want to create a custom portal for your AppSpider engines, or control AppSpider programmatically. This option is not required for installing AppSpider Pro and should not be installed when using AppSpider Enterprise.
- NGINX Web Server - The web server that manages FAST CGI over HTTP/HTTPS. Do not select this if you are installing AppSpider Pro or AppSpider Enterprise.
- After you select the components you want to install, click Next.
- Select the location you want to use to install AppSpider Pro and click Next.
- Choose how you want the data storage to impact other users on the system.
- Select the location where you want to store your scan data.This is where the majority of the data will be stored, therefore should reside on a data disk provisioned as specified in the system requirements.
- You may be asked to "Force Upgrade External Libraries" on the next screen. AppSpider needs to install Chrome and Selenium libraries for some of its features to work correctly. Select all the options and click Next.
- Select the folder you want to use in the Start menu for AppSpider and click Install when you are ready install AppSpider Pro. The progress screen displays and shows you the status of the installation.
- When the installation completes, click Next to finish and start AppSpider Pro.
- On the next screen, you can choose to start AppSpider Pro and review the release notes. Select the actions you want to perform and click Finish.
If you decided to launch AppSpider Pro, a window appears and prompts you to enter your product key.
If you do not have a product key, you can click Cancel to start AppSpider Pro in demo mode, or contact your Customer Success Manager (CSM) to have your product licensed.
You have finished installing AppSpider Pro. You are now ready to configure your first scan.
To install AppSpider from command line, navigate to the folder that has the
AppSpiderSetup.exe file. Type the following command to view your options:
To install the AppSpider engine, GUI, and command line tools, use the following command:
1AppSpiderSetup.exe /S install /UI /CMD
You can use other flags like
/NGINX to install the additional components.