This page provides details and an overview of the steps required to configure your InsightCloudSec installation to integrate with PagerDuty. This integration allows you to notify on-call responders through PagerDuty based on alerts within InsightCloudSec. Here's how it works:
- An issue in one of your cloud accounts will show up as a violation within an Insight in InsightCloudSec
- The Insight will trigger a Bot
- The Bot will be configured to create an incident in PagerDuty
Before getting started with this integration ensure you have the following:
- A functioning InsightCloudSec platform installation with an admin role
- PagerDuty integrations require an Admin base role for account authorization.
- If you do not have this role, please reach out to an Admin or Account Owner within your organization to configure the integration.
For general information about Integrations (editing and deleting), refer to the Integrations Overview page.
For questions or concerns reach out to us through the Customer Support Portal.
InsightCloudSec is DivvyCloud
Text or images may reference DivvyCloud or InsightCloudSec, note that the functionality is same regardless.
Configuring PagerDuty Integration
Steps to Complete in PagerDuty
- From the Configuration menu, select Services.
- Click on + New Service
- In the new service details complete the following:
- Name: InsightCloudSec
- Integration Type: Use our API Directly
- API Version: Events API v2
- Integration Name: InsightCloudSec
- Click Add Service to complete this step.
- Navigate to My Profile and select User Settings
- Click Create API User Token. This will create a new PagerDuty API User Token, copy and save this information for your InsightCloudSec integration.
Keep your API Key in a safe place, you will need this information when you configure the integration with InsightCloudSec in the next section. If you don't copy and save this information when it is generated you will have to delete and recreate it.
- Click on the name of the service (e.g. InsightCloudSec) to open the service page. In the full path URL, copy the string after
service-directory/. This will be the service key that you will input in your InsightCloudSec configuration.
Steps to Complete in InsightCloudSec
- From your InsightCloudSec platform navigate to Administration > Integrations and click the Edit option for PagerDuty.
- In the API Key field, insert the API Key you previously generated.
- In the Service Key field, insert the string that you copied from the PagerDuty URL.
- In the Email Address field, insert the email address of the user that created the PagerDuty service and select "Save".
Configure the PagerDuty Action in your Bot
- Go to the BotFactory page and click Create Bot.
- Complete the Resource Type & Groups and Conditions sections.
- In the Actions section, click Add Action and find the PagerDuty Incident action. You can begin typing "PagerDuty" into the text box at the top of the BotFactory Actions pane.
Uninstalling (Removing PagerDuty Integration)
- Log Into PagerDuty and delete the integration key that was created for InsightCloudSec.
- Go to the Integrations page and select Delete (the trashcan icon) for the PagerDuty integration.