- We updated the Insight Agent data collection on Windows to support Patch Tuesday vulnerability checks for December 2021 and January 2022.
- We updated the Insight Agent data collection to support new fingerprinting for Microsoft Edge Chromium.
- We upgraded the Insight Agent codebase to use Python 3.9.5 and OpenSSL 1.1.1L to remediate vulnerabilities found in older libraries.
- The Insight Agent now supports 5 digit proxy port numbers during installation.
- We fixed CVE-2021-4016, an improper access control vulnerability affecting the Insight Agent. This issue could have allowed non-system users to access the Insight Agent snapshot directory. Special thanks to Andreas Welcker for discovering and reporting this vulnerability to Rapid7.
Operating System Support
- The Insight Agent no longer supports the following operating systems:
- Microsoft Windows 7 SP1
- Microsoft Windows 8
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 & R1
- Mac OS X 10.12
- Mac OS X 10.13
- Amazon Linux 2013.03 and older
- Debian 6
- Debian 7
- CentOS 6.0 - 6.10, 32 bit
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.0 - 6.10, 32 bit
- Oracle Linux 6.0 - 6.10, 32 bit
The Insight Agent v18.104.22.168 is the last version to be supported on these operating systems.