Blue Coat Proxy
Blue Coat ProxySG is a cloud-based product that provides users with web security. Connecting this event source to InsightIDR will enhance the security data for available for analysis.
Before You Begin
Blue Coat Security logs its data to a specific format, ELFF, which allows you to the define the order of fields of logged data. You can read about how to define the field order here: https://portal.threatpulse.com/docs/am/PDFBriefs/BCWSSPrxyFwd.pdf
In order for Blue Coat to work properly with the InsightIDR parser, please ensure that the following fields are at the front of the log like so:
date time c-ip s-action sc-status cs-method cs-uri-scheme cs-uri cs(User-Agent) cs-bytes sc-bytes sc-filter-result
You can add extra fields after the initial fields, which will not affect the parser.
How to Configure This Event Source
- From your dashboard, select Data Collection on the left hand menu.
- When the Data Collection page appears, click the Setup Event Source dropdown and choose Add Event Source.
- From the “Security Data” section, click the Web Proxy icon. The “Add Event Source” panel appears.
- Choose your collector and event source. You can also name your event source if you want.
- Optionally choose to send unfiltered logs.
- Choose the timezone that matches the location of your event source logs.
- Select a collection method and specify a port and a protocol.
- Optionally choose to Encrypt the event source if choosing TCP by downloading the Rapid7 Certificate.
- Click Save.