Set up the Insight Agent
Step 1: Set Up the Insight Agent
You can install the Insight Agent on any server, workstation, or network device to stream data to InsightOps in real-time. Once installed, you can:
- Centralize event logs in any format.
- Collect system metrics.
- Query assets for running software, logged-in users, and more.
Installation is a simple process. You just need to download the Insight Agent and install it on the endpoint. Note: You can only install one agent per machine.
Installing the Insight Agent
- Ensure you have privileges to install Rapid7’s Insight Agent on your IT assets and the ability to add firewall/proxy rules to allow for connections to Rapid7’s AWS-based Insight platform.
- To install the Insight Agent, click on the Add Data button at the top of the page.
- Select the appropriate Operating System icon on the Add Data Source page to open the slide-out panel.
- Be sure to follow all the steps to successfully configure the Insight Agent for streaming logs and analyzing assets.
Learn more about the Insight Agent.