Creating and editing sites
In this section you will learn how to create and configure sites. If you are a new user, you will learn how to create your first basic site. Experienced users can find information on more advanced practices and configurations.
- Getting started: Info & Security
- Adding assets to sites
- Configuring scan credentials
- Configuring scan authentication on target Web applications
- Selecting a scan template
- Scan Engines
- Setting up scan alerts
- Scheduling scans
- Site creation scenarios
- Managing dynamic discovery of assets
Not all of the procedures described are required for every kind of site. The site name is the only required field when saving a site.
If you want to edit an existing site, click that site's Edit icon in the Sites table on the Home page.
If you want to create a new site, click the Create tab at the top of the page and then select Site from the drop-down list. OR Click the Create Site button at the bottom of the Sites table.
Click the tabs in the Site Configuration to configure various aspects of your site and scans:
Getting started: Info & Security
The Save button is enabled as soon as you give the site a name. The Save & Scan button will become available after you have specified at least one target asset.
- On the Site Configuration – Info & Security tab, type a name for your site. Tip: You may want to name your site based on how the assets within that site are grouped. For example, you could name them based on their locations, operating systems, or the types of assets, such as those that need to be audited for compliance.
- Type a brief description of the site.
- Select a level of importance from the drop-down list:
- The Very Low setting reduces the risk index to 1/3 of its initial value.
- The Low setting reduces the risk index to 2/3 of its initial value.
- High and Very High settings increase the risk index to twice and 3 times its initial value respectively.
- A Normal setting does not change the risk index. The importance level corresponds to a risk factor used to calculate a risk index for each site. See Adjusting risk with criticality.
- Add business context tags to the site. Any tag you add to a site will apply to all of the member assets. For more information and instructions, see Applying RealContext with tags.
- Click Organization to enter your company information. These fields are used in PCI reports.
For more information on managing user access, see Giving users access to a site.