Barracuda SSL VPN
Barracuda is a platform that hosts several different security products, such as a firewall, web application firewall, web security, VPN, and others.
To start using Barracuda with InsightIDR:
Configure Barracuda Syslog
You can configure your Barracuda SSL VPN to send syslog to the InsightIDR Collector.
To get started:
- Sign in to your Barracuda VPN interface using the
ssladminusername and credentials.
- In the upper right corner, click the Manage System link.
- On the “Systems” dashboard, select the Advanced > Syslog tabs.
- In the “Syslog Identifier” field, provide a name for how you want this log to appear.
- Select the Yes radio button to include a Timestamp.
- Choose whether or not to use UDP.
- In the “Syslog Host” field, enter the IP or FQDN of your InsightIDR Collector.
- Click the Save Changes button.
Configure the Barracuda SSL VPN Event Source
To add this event source:
- From your dashboard, select Data Collection on the left hand menu.
- When the Data Collection page appears, click the Setup Event Source dropdown and choose Add Event Source.
- From the “Security Data” section, click the VPN icon. The “Add Event Source” panel appears.
- Choose your collector and select Barracuda SSL VPN as your event source. You can also name your event source if you want.
- Choose the timezone that matches the location of your event source logs.
- Optionally choose to send unparsed logs.
- Configure your default domain and any advanced settings.
- Select a data collection method and specify a port and a protocol.
- Optionally choose to encrypt the event source if you choose TCP by downloading the Rapid7 Certificate.
- Click the Save button.