Now that you’ve determined which Insight Agent installation method you want to use, you’re ready to download the proper installer. You can download both installer types from the Agent Management screen in your Platform Home page of insight.rapid7.com.
After you download the installer, we’ll direct you to our dedicated installation documents to cover the rest of the procedure for both installation methods.
Download an Installer from Agent Management
NOTE - Privileges required
You must be a platform or product administrator to access Agent Management.
To download a token-based or certificate package installer for your desired operating system:
- Go to insight.rapid7.com and sign in with your account email and password.
- If you are not directed to the “Platform Home” page upon signing in, open the product dropdown in the upper left corner and click My Account.
- Expand the left navigation menu and click the Data Collection Management tab to open the Agent Management screen.
- Expand the Add New dropdown in the upper right corner of the page and click Agent. The “Download Insight Agent” page displays with a group of supported operating systems.
- Click any of these operating system buttons to open their respective installer download panel. Each panel includes separate procedures for both the token-based and certificate package installers:
- Token-based installers are available in the Download tab.
- Certificate package installers are available in the Advanced tab.
- Download the installer type for the operating system of your choice.
TIP - File types
The contents of your download will vary depending on the installer type and operating system you select. Token-based installers come in a single
.msi file (Windows) or
.sh script (Mac and Linux). Certificate package installers come in ZIP files and are so named because they also contain your necessary certificates that the installer will reference when you execute it.
Now that you have your desired installer in place, you’re ready to move on to the installation phase. See our dedicated documents for both the token-based and certificate package installation methods for further instructions.