Resolve Common API Errors
The following table lists and provides resolutions for common error responses, as well as their descriptions and probable causes.
|tCell API utilizes Insight Platform API Keys infrastructure for authentication. |
HTTP 401 is typically caused when:
- The X-API-Key header is missing.
- The value of the X-API-Key is not a valid API Key for given tcell region.
|Provide a valid API Key in X-API-Key per Managing PlatformAPI Keys.|
|HTTP 403 errors are caused by access control violations. |
This limitation normally occur when the API Key is a Read-Only User Key and the request is attempting to update the state via PUT, POST, or DELETE.
|Increase the underlying role access for user that generated keys per Users & Access or switch to an organization key.|
Resource Unavailable / Unknown
|HTTP 404 errors are caused when a REST API request attempts to access a request that is unavailable or unknown. These normally occur when:|
- The endpoint is not a valid endpoint.
- The endpoint passes a parameter that is not part of the company's resource space, such as an invalid Application ID.
- The endpoint attempts to access a resource in an organization outside the scope of the request's API Key. For security reasons, HTTP 404 is sometimes returned instead of HTTP 403.
|Ensure the request URL is valid endpoint with valid parameters and the API Key has correct organization scope.|
Did this page help you?