Our Jira integration provides InsightCloudSec with the ability to create Jira tasks and is compatible with all supported resources. For example, you can use this integration to create a Jira task if a Bot locates an Instance with SSH open to the world.
- For general information about Integrations (editing and deleting) refer to the Integrations Overview page.
- If you need help with this integration, contact us through the Customer Support Portal.
Jira Integration Setup
Jira Cloud and On-Premise Versions are supported with this integration.
Setup in the Atlassian Console
For Cloud Jira Servers
Only API token authentication is supported; Atlassian has deprecated password authentication.
- Obtain an API Token from Atlassian; from the link, select Create API Token.
- Provide a name for your API token, and select Create.
- After creating, copy the API token information.
Setup in InsightCloudSec
Support - Local User Jira
Currently we only support local Jira users.
- Navigate to Administration > Integrations. Locate the Jira integration card and click Edit.
- Complete the Jira integration form as follows:
- Username: provide your username
- Password: provide the API token you created earlier
- Enter the server associated with your Jira account
Configure a Jira Bot Action
InsightCloudSec includes Bot actions that you can use to create Jira Tasks as part of your integration.
- For detailed step-by-step instructions on using this feature check out our documentation on Creating Bots
- You can also check out Working with Bots (Best Practices & Examples) if you want to review some examples.
- Navigate to Automation > BotFactory and click the Create Bot button on the top of the page.
- Complete the About Bot, Resource Type & Groups, and Filters sections of the Bot creation form.
- In the Actions section, click Add Action and find the Create Individual Jira Issue action.
- Complete the details for the Jira issues. For the Project field, you will need the Project Key not the Project Name.
- Complete the Run Options to finalize configuration of this Bot.
- To verify, run this Bot and then log in to your Jira account to verify the new tasks are being created as expected.