Application encryption types
To ensure the security of the application, Nexpose uses the following types of encryption algorithm keys in these areas:
- Identification/authentication: RSA
- Credential password storage: RSA
- Connection to the Web interface: RSA and HTTP over SSL
- Credential encryption: 3DES encrypted with RSA
- Zip files generated for diagnostic information to be uploaded to support.rapid7.com: PGP
- Upload diagnostic information to a server at support.rapid7.com: TLSv1.2
- Security Console to Scan Engine communication: TLSv1.2, TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA256 for backwards compatibility, and TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384.
Did this page help you?