Update User Profile Details
Analyst and admin users change their user settings in different ways:
- Analyst users see and use the Settings > My Profile page, described in this topic.
- Administrator users see and use the Settings > Users page, described in Configuring Users.
Users can update their profile: user personal and contact details, notifications and daily report, and their password. If two-factor authentication (2FA) is set up for the user, they can also edit their 2FA settings.
Update user details
You can change your personal and contact information.
To update user details, reports, and notifications:
- From the****Settings > My profile > Details tab, update the Personal details or Contact details, then click Save.
Update notification and report setting
You can select for which new alerts and threats to be notified, as well as whether to receive a daily activity report. You'll get threat notification for new threats that match the selected severity that are also in your region and industry.
To get additional notifications about certain threats, you can monitor those threats, as described in Monitored threats.
To update notification and report settings:
- From the Settings > My profile > Details tab, make notification settings:
To get this notification Do this Get email for alerts of a certain severity. Select the desired severities inEmail new alerts in severity. Get email for threats of a certain severity.
- | Select the desired severities in Email new trends in severity.
- | | Get SMS for alerts of a certain severity | Select the desired severities in SMS new alerts in severity.
- To get a daily summary report of events and actions, select Email daily report.
- To get a biweekly threat landscape report, select Threat landscape biweekly report.
- Click Save.
You can change your password.
To update password:
- From the Settings > My profile > Details**** tab, click Change password.
- Type the old and a new password.
The password must meet the following criteria:
- Different than previous passwords
- Length of 6 to 64 characters
- At least one lower case English letter
- At least one upper case English letter
- At least one 0-9 digit
- No white space
- At least one of these special characters:
- Click Save.
Update two-factor authentication (2FA) settings
If the administrator has enabled 2FA for your user, you can change your 2FA method (or add an additional method), generate backup codes, and reset the authenticator application.
To set 2FA/MFA for users who have been migrated to Rapid7 Platform, see https://docs.rapid7.com/insight/multi-factor-authentication
To update 2FA settings, use the S****ettings > My Profile > 2FA tab.
To change settings, you must be logged in to the system. If you cannot log in, perhaps because your 2FA device is not available, contact the Threat Command administrator.
To change or add a 2FA method:
If the administrator has enabled more than one 2FA method, you can change your current method or add an additional method.
- From the Settings > My Profile > 2FA tab, in the Two-factor authentication methods list, select a 2FA method.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to set up the selected method.
To generate 2FA backup codes:
- From theSettings > My Profile > 2FA tab, in the Backup codes****section, click Generate codes.
- Copy the new codes to a secure location.
To reset the 2FA authenticator app:
- From the Settings > My Profile > 2FA tab, in the Authenticator app section, click Reset authenticator app.
- Follow the instructions to reset the app.