Pulse Connect Secure
Formerly named Juniper SA, Pulse Connect Secure is an SSL VPN solution that gathers large amounts of event data about your network and users.
Before You Begin
In order to setup this event source in InsightIDR, you must first configure it to send syslog to the InsightIDR collector. You can find instructions here: https://kb.pulsesecure.net/articles/Pulse_Secure_Article/KB22227.
Configure InsightIDR to collect data from the event source
After you complete the prerequisite steps and configure the event source to send data, you must add the event source in InsightIDR.
To configure the new event source in InsightIDR:
- From the left menu, go to Data Collection and click Setup Event Source > Add Event Source.
- Do one of the following:
- Search for Pulse Connect Secure VPN in the event sources search bar.
- In the Product Type filter, select VPN.
- Select the Pulse Connect Secure VPN event source tile.
- Choose your collector and event source. You can also name your event source if you want.
- Choose the timezone that matches the location of your event source logs.
- Optionally choose to send unparsed logs.
- Configure your default domain and any Advanced Event Source Settings.
- Select Listen on Network Port. Enter the port you used for your syslog configuration.
- Optionally choose to Encrypt the event source if choosing TCP by downloading the Rapid7 Certificate.
- Click Save.